Forum

Monty Roberts Equus Online University
Horse Training Video Instruction Program

Learn all about Equus • Dually Halter • Shy Boy Mustang • Jumping Horses
• Story of a Horse Whisperer • Riding Horsemanship • Dressage Horses • Willing Partners
• Horse Training • Round Pen Lessons • Performance Horses • Join-Up

← back

Where in the Wide World is Monty

Monty - Australia August/Sept 2012!!!

Hello! 100 lessons completed 150 lessons completed 200 lessons completed 250 lessons completed

Just to let all the Aussies on this site know, Monty is coming to Australia this year! August 25th and 26th at Caboolture State Equestrian Centre (QLD) and Tamworth Australian Equine and Livestock Events Centre (NSW).

See this link for more info and to buy tickets
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/search/SearchResults.aspx?k=monty+roberts

How exciting!

MaggieF, Melbourne - Australia
Hello! 100 lessons completed 150 lessons completed 200 lessons completed 250 lessons completed

Thanks Ruthy - I would love to see him but Tamworth is so far away from Melbourne. Pity he can't visit Victoria too. I will do my best to get there.

ruthy - Gold Coast, Australia

Hi Maggie,
It would probably be easier for you to get to Caboolture, as you can get pretty cheap flights from Melbourne to Brisbane ($49 sometimes), and then it is just about 40 minutes from the airport to Caboolture!
It will definitely be worth it to see Monty!
Hope you can make it!

Thanks so much, Ruthy. I will look into it. I know Tamworth quite well as I was brought up near Inverell and have driven through Tamworth often. 10 years ago I was driving from Melbourne to Inverell on a monthly basis to look after the family property and my aged parents - I did it for four years! It didn's seem too bad at the time but now it seems such a long way!! Maybe I can still get as far as Tamworth!

Maybe I can go to both Caboolture and Tamworth Maggie, then we can meet in person!

That would be great, Ruthy. Caboolture may end up being the best option because as you said we can get cheap flihgts to there. I have a brother-in-law and his wife who live in Brisbane so my husband could come too and spend some time with them - he is NOT a horsey person!

Just a reminder for the Aussies on the uni - Monty will be here in August!
He also needs horses to use for his demonstrations - for further info see certified instructor Lynn Mitchell's website www.schoolofequus.com.au

Thanks Ruthy for the reminder. Still hoping to get to Brisbane if I can but haven't done anything about it yet. Life is just so busy and my grandchildren are always needing me as their Dad travels a lot and is therefore away most weeks. My daughter is pretty fragile and needs heaps of support. Of course I love the kids so it is a joy to help out - it just means other things need to be foregone or put on hold. Haven't even had much time to ride lately but then the weather in Melbourne has been very ordinary too.

Good luck Maggie! I hope you can come! If you do, make sure you contact Lynn Mitchell beforehand so you can meet her. She's from down your way too! Also, if you do come, I'd love to meet you so we'll have to get contact details somehow!

Thanks Ruthy - you are inspiring me to do something about it. I e-mailed Lynn yesterday re the horse I am currently concerned about to find out more details prior to suggesting to the owner that we try to take him to Tamworth if he proves interesting enough for a demo. I hadn't realised previously she was in Victoria so I would love to meet her. Perhaps we can swap contact details via the Uni - I will check it out.

Rahni (Sydney, Australia)
Hello! 100 lessons completed 150 lessons completed 200 lessons completed 250 lessons completed 300 lessons completed 350 lessons completed 400 lessons completed

I will be volunteering at Caboolture. Anyone else know if they are going yet?

Gen (Queensland, Australia)
Hello! 100 lessons completed 150 lessons completed 200 lessons completed

I will be volunteering too. Very much looking forward to it :-)

Hello! 100 lessons completed 150 lessons completed 200 lessons completed 250 lessons completed 300 lessons completed 350 lessons completed 400 lessons completed

Caboolture or Tamworth Gen? I'm really excited about it too!

Gen (Queensland, Australia)
Hello! 100 lessons completed 150 lessons completed 200 lessons completed

Caboolture :-)

Oh cool, I'll look forward to saying "hi" is person then :)

jenny
Hello! 100 lessons completed 150 lessons completed

Just tried to buy the 2 day pass for Tamworth, but only Saturday is available :-( bummer I have left it too late

I guess that means me too as I haven't booked in anywhere either yet. It is just so hard to know whether or not I can get away. Too many animals to look after and very limited support so I guess I will have to pass. We will need full details from those of you who are going! Have fun - it will be so great to see Monty live. I am frustrated with myself for not been able to make it.

griffo.girl, Tasmania, Australia

Hey Jenny - just so you know the Tamworth clinic is only one day now - I had booked two but was contacted by Ticketek and told that due to poor numbers they were only doing the Saturday - such a shame

Rahni and Gen - I'll see you both at Caboolture. I have lots of friends coming - even people that aren't that 'horsey' so it's very exciting. I have seen Monty twice before and can't wait to see him again!!!

luckyphil78

Hi all for those of you who have not seen Monty live you are in for a treat I spent a week at his clinic at Flag Is Up Farm lst August, he is an amazing man to watch and learn from.

Just wanted to say what a privilege it was to see Monty last weekend in Caboolture! To see him work with the horses, and hear his thoughts on so many different problems - horses and people! He is a very inspirational man.
If there is anyone in Australia who missed out seeing Monty last weekend, make sure you get to Tamworth this Saturday!
It will be an experience you will remember the rest of your life.

emlaw
Please upload your photo

Ruthy - I saw Monty in the UK in 1996 and I can still remember it like it was yesterday. It's not just an educational evening but also quite entertaining. I saw him ride his horse Dually who had been brought over to the UK especially, he did a bit of a demo and some roping work which was great to see as it's not that common in the UK. Either way, if anyone can get to Tamworth you won't regret it!

Debbie Roberts Loucks, USA
Hello! 2014 Cyberhunt winner 100 lessons completed 150 lessons completed 200 lessons completed 250 lessons completed 300 lessons completed 350 lessons completed 400 lessons completed 450 lessons completed 500 lessons completed 550 lessons completed 600 lessons completed 650 lessons completed

Monty is excited about the turnout and can't wait for Tamworth too! Some great horses lined up.

Charlotte - Gauteng, South Africa
Hello!

Hi! If Anyone gets news of Monty coming to SA (south africa) could you plz put it on the forum!!! i have not seen him yet and it would be really great to see in person!!!
Just wondering - is there anyone else on the uni from SA?

Sad I have missed out and will miss on Tamworth too. Just too many things have kept me from being able to attend - Chester for one! The best I can do is go and see Andrew McLean working on the 16th September - I booked in to his clinic as a spectator. If that works for me I will take Tricka to his next clinic. Would have dearly loved to have seen Monty live as he is so special and I enjoy his teaching, his philosohpy and his videos so much. I am so pleased he had a great turn out as I am disappointed that he seems to have so few followers in my area. My daughter gave me the horse training video "Buck" to watch the other day and after watching Monty's work I was very disappointed in it. Not a patch on Monty.

luckyphil78

Hi after a twelve and half hr drive from Mlbourne to Tamworth with my wife and daughter to see some more Monty magic all I can say is it was worth the drive ,my goal for next year is to go back to Flag Is Up Farm to the special course in August

luckyphil78

Hi after a twelve and half hr drive from Melbourne to Tamworth with my wife and daughter to see some more Monty magic all I can say is it was worth the drive ,my goal for next year is to go back to Flag Is Up Farm to the special course in August. Monty also said this was not his last tip to Australia.

Alyssa&Spike
Hello!

We went and saw Monty in Tamworth. Was a great day and was lovely to meet him!

Great to know you both got there. I am very green with envy. Know that trip well luckyphil as I did it almost monthly for four years in order to help my parents out on their property approximately half way between Armidale and Inverell - add another 3 hours! Perhaps that is why I couldn't do it again! Just too many things keeping me in Melbourne right now but I would have dearly loved to have gone. Monty makes so much sense to me and especially when you see your horse responding to his teaching and of course the dually. Maybe Monty will make it to Melbourne for us next time. Great to know there is at least one other Monty fan living in Melbourne!

kenjsmith58
Please upload your photo

Maggie, that answers the question where u live - I do know a cytek farrier that travels down to tasy. he might be worth contacting - his name is john Briggs - he is also contactable on face book. the good thing is that there is only 1 better but he is in qld. any how get in touch if u think we can help.

kenjsmith58
Please upload your photo

Maggie, that answers the question where u live - I do know a cytek farrier that travels down to tasy. he might be worth contacting - his name is john Briggs - he is also contactable on face book. the good thing is that there is only 1 better but he is in qld. any how get in touch if u think we can help.PS I went to Monty in Tamworth and it was worth every dollar

Thanks so much for this kensjsmith. I have now changed Chester's diet again so I will see how that goes. I think he is slowly improving but it is such slow progress that it is hardly visible. Last time he picked up so much quicker but as the farrier says every time is different and he is unfortunately very prone the laminitis.

Australizee

Can Monty come back to Australia pleeaaaase? :)